Coconut Carrot Protein Cookies
As someone who spends most of her days (and evenings) in front of a computer, I cherish the moments I can peel my eyes away from the screen. I try to take a break every afternoon and most days I find a cup of tea and a snack are the perfect respite. On a recent trip to the little cafe closest to my office I picked up a slice of some carrot coconut bread to go with my tea and was pleasantly pleased. These cookies were my attempt to capture similar flavors in a healthy treat I can make at home and feel good about noshing on often.
- 2 whole eggs
- 2 egg whites
- 2 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 1 medium mashed banana
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup protein powder (I used Cinnamon Roll Perfect Fit)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1-2 tbsp non-dairy milk (optional)
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 1/2 cup shredded carrot
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut or coconut flakes
- First preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Next mix all ingredients through the maple syrup together until just combined.
- Then add in the coconut flour, protein powder and baking powder. If the dough seems too dry add in 1-2 tablespoons of non-dairy milk and mix again.
- Finally add in the chia seeds, shredded carrot and coconut and gently stir in.
- Form the dough into cookie shapes and place on a lightly greased baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes (maybe more, maybe less depending on your oven) then allow to cool completely before enjoying or storing in the fridge for snacks throughout the week.
*Adapted from these Power Cakes' Power Cookies