Labor Day Weekend Menu Ideas
Making plans for the last unofficial weekend of summer? Whether you're hoping to throw an al fresco dinner party, host a backyard barbecue or head to the park to soak up some sun, I've got some Labor Day weekend menu ideas for you.
Patio Dinner Party
This is the full menu from the dinner party Sando & I threw back in June. Invite a few friends over and enjoy an evening reminiscing about all the fun you've had this summer. Over a couple bottles of nice wine of course.
Mix up your traditional barbecue spread with a few of these seasonal dishes.
- Grilled Chicken Thighs, Sausage & Artichoke Hearts over Herby Goat Cheese Grits
- Apple Butter BBQ sauce
- Cheerwine Negronis
- Ultimate Sriracha Burgers
- Summer Succotash Stuffed Shells
- Strawberry Jalapeno Baked Beans
- Hawaiian Ice Cream Sandwiches
My favorite spread to serve at a picnic is a slew of snacks.
- Roasted Red pepper, parmesan and white bean dip
- Goat cheese and prosciutto stuffed olives
- Brown Butter Chocolate Chip Brownie Cookies
- Strawberry Spinach Guacamole
Holiday Monday Brunch
When there's no work or school on a weekday, you must celecrate with an epic morning meal.
- Iced Lavender Mint Matcha Lattes
- Fun Frosted Cinnamon Rolls
- A brunch board - It's kind of like a cheeseboard but with brunch fixings. Lay out things like smoked salmon, sliced avocado, cream cheese, ricotta, fresh fruit and other similar items on a large dish alongside an assortment of bagels and let folks go to town.