Strawberries & S'mores Dip for a Backyard Dinner Party
I'm fairly certain we received our kitchen torch as a wedding present. It only took 3 years for me to finally use it. Bruléeing a cast iron skillet full of marshmallows and chocolate was a totally worthy first use though.
Lingering over our drinks and conversation, it was eventually time for dessert. There are few things that taste as much like summer as s'mores, so there was very little question about what we'd be serving. To keep it easy (like the rest of the menu) we made a s'mores dip and served it with graham crackers and ginger snaps for dunking. For a seasonal touch, we covered the top in fresh strawberries.
Granted I did try my hand at homemade marshmallows again and made these salted caramel mallows. You could easily use regular marshmallows and the dip would still be delicious.
- Sliced Strawberries
- Graham Crackers
- Ginger Snaps
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F
- Cover the bottom of a cast iron skillet with chocolate
- Layer marshmallows on top of the chocolate
- Put the cast iron skillet in the oven until the chocolate and marshmallows are melted.
- Optional - brulée the top of the marshmallows with a kitchen torch
- Top with sliced strawberries
- Start dunking
And no shame if you run out of dippers and start eating the rest of the dip with a spoon. Not that we did that or anything.