Strawberry Spinach Guacamole
Everyone loves a good strawberry & spinach salad come spring, myself included. A guacamole felt like a good way to mix things up a bit while getting in some of those oh-so-healthy fats that just so happen to be good for growing humans. This strawberry spinach guacamole has all of the classic fixings of a traditional guac, but gets pumped up with the addition of some spinach (you won't even know it's there) and strawberries.
- 2 avocados, halved and pits removed
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 tsp salt + more to taste
- 4 scallions, white and light green parts only, thinly sliced
- 1 jalapeno, seeds removed, diced
- 1 cup baby spinach, chopped
- 1 cup cilantro, chopped
- Juice of 1 lime
- 4-5 strawberries, tops cut off and chopped
- Using a mortar and pestle, grind the clove of garlic & salt together (or mince with a knife)
- In a large bowl, begin to gently mash the avocado and add the garlic/salt mix, scallions, spinach, cilantro, lime juice & strawberries
- Mix everything together until well combined
- Add more salt if desired
Margaritas may not be on my Cinco de Mayo menu (#preggers), but you can bet there will be some guacamole! Actually, does anyone have a good virgin margarita recipe (that isn't chock full of sugar preferably)? I've discovered that making myself a fun, non-boozy drink helps a bit with the FOMO in occasions where drinking normally occurs but I'm not much of a soda drinker. Will probably be investigating this more, will try to report back. Now enough of my rambling, go make yourself some guac!